Friday, May 17, 2013

Morning garden

My sister came over and helped with the initial weed and dried flower stem removal in my flower garden.  I need to pick up about 12 bags of mulch to dress things up a bit but we did make a dent in the work.  I took a couple of pictures the other morning as I walked through the backyard to my car.


The columbine look beautiful and because I shake the dried seed pods all over the garden I have plants that have popped up here and there.


For the life of me I cannot remember the name of this plant.  The flowers are tubular and the leaves have sort of a "fuzzy" feel to them.. I only have one but it is spreading and the color is wonderful.


This yellow flower sprouts up from deep green leaf ground cover.  The only downside to the plant is that unless you rein it in, the stuff spreads everywhere.  It was a gift to my garden the very first year I planted anything.  See?  Another columbine in the midst!  I love this corner. The flowering shrub in the corner is a weigela and I have no idea which variety.  My sister has one in her yard and I love the way it looked so I needed one for mine!

I am thankful that I didn't have any damage from the frost we had two mornings early this week.  I think it is now safe to go out and pick out my annuals and maybe even pick up a tomato plant.  I LOVE this time of the year!!

No comments: