Sunday, May 19, 2013

Here it is!

I don't know how soon I will use the Modge Podge method of graphic transfer again but I am pretty satisfied with how my little cabinet turned out.



I wanted the graphic to look like a label that had been applied by the manufacturer and I think I accomplished that.



As I have a fondness for wine, choosing this particular graphic from the Graphics Fairy was not difficult!  One of the things I was also trying to do was come close to matching the buffet that my granddaughter and I painted last year.


This is the buffet.  I think it matches up pretty well.  The buffet was painted with real ASCP and the cabinet was my concoction of antique white latex, plaster of Paris and water.  While using the Annie Sloan paint is very convenient and goes on beautifully, I am pleased enough with my version to paint just about anything!


Linking to these parties:  Sew Darn Crafty Link Party, Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Feature Friday, Fabulous Creative Friday, Power of Paint Party, Brag Monday at the Graphic's Fairy.

8 comments:

cindy said...

Just awesome! I've been hangin out alot on Karen's site lately while I was finding graphics for my new blog for selling furniture. BTW, I don't get along with mod podge. I NEVER have success using it. :(

Michelle said...

It looks great! and Cute!

Ann said...

That's adorable. And, it does complement the buffet nicely. You had much better luck with the Mod Podge transfer than I usually do. I'm still looking for the "perfect" transfer method.

Ann said...

P.S. I'm a new follower.

Elder's Wife said...

Cute little stand. You did a nice job.
I do use the Mod Podge method all the time on wood. I've learned that you get the best results with:
1. Laser printed transfers (ink jet smears for me)
2. Smoother finish on the object (sand surface lightly before transferring)
3. Closer cuts on the transfer (not so much white paper--do more than one cut-out if necessary)so you don't have to rub back so much paper
4. Rub, rub, rub. Then let it dry, and rub again with a damp sponge. I also use a Dollar Store scrubbie (dry) to buff down the finished transfer before waxing or applying poly.

Unknown said...

Oh Suzan - it's just gorgeous!!!
And it goes perfectly with the buffet
Beautiful job my friend!
Hugs,

Restore and Renew said...

What a cute cabinet. Your newest follower.

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

I did many podge transfers and I either wanted to pull my hair out (grin) or I would jump with joy. You did an awesome job on this cute cabinet. I adore it. New follower here. Would love you to follow back!:)

Hugs from Cape Town, South Africa