Sunday, August 15, 2010

Something I recently noticed

Have y'all noticed all the trend again toward white/off white/antique white/nearly white walls? 




 (All images from My Home Ideas.)

Having lived with a realtor who refused any color on walls (based on the premise if you have to sell it is harder to make the sale if the buyer doesn't like the paint color!) I became used to the idea of antique white walls.  My house now has all antique white walls.  I still want a pale, pale pink in the bath because I love pale, pale pink.  The only reason I have not painted the bath is because I hate to paint.  For a time, I was going to paint my first floor walls all a delicate shade of sage.  Then I thought about what happens when I get tired of that color.  And I also looked at all it would entail because I could never do it on my own and I am pretty sure I don't have anyone in my life that loves me enough to paint my entire downstairs area!

I like the idea of bringing color into a room with the furnishings...except that I lean toward colors like ivory and linen.  Maybe I still have antique white walls because I like them!

1 comment:

AntiqueChase said...

Hi Suzan,
This post really hit home with me. All my walls are Swiss Coffee (ish) and for years I thought it wasn't good enough.. that I should pick a color. When Jennifer at Old Painted Cottage interviewed me, she asked what my favorite paint color was.... I had to think if I could admit that it's just off white...

Thank you for coming by my blog to visit and for taking the time to leave me a comment!!