Sunday, August 22, 2010

Shopping at Goodwill



I was a little depressed on Friday afternoon.  I had two choices - go home and eat something "bad" or go shopping.  Since I just lost 15lbs (on my way to 40!) and I didn't want to spend too much money, I hit the Goodwill.  Here's what I found



See all those price tags?  The trims were from Joann's and had been discounted several times before they ended up at Goodwill.  The gold and ivory were in a plastic bag together and I paid $ .97 for those.  The white fringe was $ .97 by itself but I am not complaining!!  I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with these trims but I know there's a project waiting to happen.

I collect pieces of silver plate that no one else wants (apparently)!  This is not an old piece but I liked the shape and size.  I will use it on a shelf in the bath to hold hair accessories.



Best thing about thrift shopping?  I only spent at total of $3.08, went home in a better mood and didn't eat everything in the 'fridge!

Linking up to
SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb

5 comments:

Amelia said...

You really captured some bargains...did not spend much money either!

Have a great week!

Kristen said...

Great finds - I love it when the original prices are there, makes the sale find that much better!

Sweet P said...

Awesome bargains! I should add I work for JA and my job is to do those markdowns. I'm glad to see that when we donate the products to Goodwill someone else is picking them up.

Thrifty Chic said...

Thrifting always puts me in a better mood too! Great finds!

Holly said...

Love a good Goodwill find! You got some good bargains, and there's no guilt ;)