Monday, August 30, 2010

Basket of thrifties!

Last Wednesday, I made a trip to the Goodwill near my office.  I was just killing time on my lunch break.  I found just a few things and I put them all in a free basket to show you.


The wooden tray is teak and it was only $1.97.  The white plates (3) are English ironstone by J&G Meakin and were $2.97.  They are going to go on the wall above my bed.  The wooden picture frame was a whopping 97cents.  The silver plate salad fork and spoon on the left (and you can just barely see) are Towle and they were also $1.97.

I painted both the tray and the frame Heirloom White.  I haven't decided exactly what else I want to do to the tray but I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to frame!


Grandson Andrew David
Did you find anything good last week?  Check out everyone's goodies at Rhoda's!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh that picture is absolutely so precious....love your other purchases!

At any yard sale I head for glass things first so the plates are true winners.

Angie Holden said...

Lovely finds!!