Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ms. Crafty Pants

For Labor Day my decorating consisted of a tea stained bunting and matching wreath.  I decided I wanted something a little different for Independence Day this year.

I picked up this at the Goodwill the other day


sprayed it with some spray paint


grabbed a bunch of silk flowers at Joann's today


and fired up the glue gun.  After wrestling with the ribbon (I hate bow making!) and the addition of some small flags I ended up with this


for my front door.

Now I have to scrape dried glue off the top of my washing machine.  I like the crafting process so much better than the clean up!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well isn't that just beautiful Suzan?
You want a tip?
Put out a layer of tin foil on your surface when you're using glue - than you just have to crumple it up and throw it out and your surface remains glue-free!
LOVE your wreath!
XOX