Monday, September 17, 2012

Feeling crafty!


I don't normally do "crafts".  It isn't that I can't or don't like them, it is simply because I would rather sew than do most anything else.  I saw this really cute idea on Virginia's blog, Artsy VaVa, and thought they would make great Christmas gifts for my nieces.  I don't spend a lot of money on their gifts and usually make something by hand like a scarf or purse organizer.  Years ago I made a lot of jewelry so I had most of the supplies I needed.

Virginia used stretchy cord so I picked up some of that.  Turns out I really didn't like working with it because the beads kept slipping over even my double knots.  I could have gone to the store and purchased thicker cords but I had some thin leather cord that used instead.  That knotted up perfectly.


I didn't have any super glue so I used E-6000 glue to help secure the screw eyes in the cork.  I am going to pick up some glue to secure the knots at the end of the bead runs. Mine are a little "dangly-er" because I just got so caught up in stringing on the pretty beads.


 (I am very easily entertained!)  I may cut back on the beads a bit.  I did 5 while I sat watching tv.  I now have to convince my mother to use the prong type of wine bottle opener when she is cracking open another bottle of wine.  I found a few corks that didn't have any significant writing on the sides so I will run those over a stamp just as Virginia did.

These are so much fun to make and with my cork supply, I can make a whole lot more!!

3 comments:

Artsy VaVa said...

Your key chains turned out great! I love to actually get to see when someone makes something I posted. Thanks for the link back to my site! Hope you come see me again soon.

Eventmom said...

Too Cute!!

Eventmom said...

Too Cute!!