Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sometimes bigger IS better...

Y'all know that being a homeowner is a big deal for me. I still get a little weepy when I think about it. (Of course, my children think I get a little weepy about EVERYTHING!)

When asked for gift suggestions this year, I responded that I prefer that people purchase things for me that they think I would like. When pressed, I admitted that I really wanted an 8' step ladder because I have 12' high ceilings and I was tired of having to borrow my dad's extremely heavy ladder. My family also knows that I love shopping at Lowe's and Home Depot. I wander up and down the aisles looking at everything - even things I cannot identify! When I lived in Seattle, we renovated several houses for re-sale (flips). I love working with my hands almost as much as I like quilting!

Well, I am now the proud owner of this

I was almost as excited about bringing this home as I was when I closed on the house. Getting it into the basement was an adventure (Thanks, Chad!) but I think I know how to maneuver it up and down the steps so now I have to decide what project to take on first!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I share your interest in receiving gifts such as this ladder. I believe the first gift Leon gave me when we were first dating was a wheelbarrow -now that was nearly 12 years ago. We were not starry eyed youngsters at that time.

You got what you wanted...great.