Saturday, November 14, 2009

I am an Army brat and I can do ANYTHING!

That has been my mantra for the day.  This morning I moved the deadbolt strike plate at the front door and now my door closes tightly up against the weather stripping.  No more drafts!  I am one happy woman.

I did have to get out the drill, power screwdriver, regular screwdriver, measuring tape and a pencil.  I love tools. Yesterday I cut dowel rods to use to bunk the twin beds in the guest room.  I used my power finish sander to just take a little off the rods as they were a little too snug in the holes.  To cut the rods I used a little hacksaw only because it was too small a job to bring out the jigsaw.

I covet other people's power tools.  It's a character flaw.  Don't hate me for it!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Tim the toolman would be proud! You rock, girl! It's just not right to be a sissyfied and wimpy when the job needs done.

Glad you got a few things fixed. Isn't it just a great feeling?!!!
be blessed,
Michelle

Amelia said...

Hey, Lady, I am proud of you...others should stand up and salute you for this feat.

I think I will go put a lock on our tools right now...don't want them to wind up in your part of the country...they are not Yankee tools - just Okie ones.

Be good - cook something fun and enjoy it...even if the calories are more than you should have in a day.

Amelia

The Calico Quilter said...

Oh, yeah. I have a power compound miter saw that I absolutely love. I can relate!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Good for you! I'm a fellow army brat. Born Raised And Trapped...oh yeah.