Thursday, August 6, 2009

Found the VISA receipt in a purse that I wasn't using. I KNEW I still had it...somewhere! We took the unit back to Lowe's and they gave me a refund without any problem. I really was concerned since I had bought it so many months ago. I had to wait for 3 days until the charge reversed and then I picked up another air conditioner - at a savings of 20% off! I am still driving around with it in the back of my car until I can find a man to unload it for me.

I finally painted the brass chandelier with a beautiful green paint called "Italian Olive". The chandelier looks fabulous. As soon as Chad hangs it up for me I will share photos. I wish I had thought to take a "before" photo but when you see it, you will know exactly what it looked like originally. Seems like every builder in that time frame put one in the dining room. It's ok if you live in Colonial Williamsburg or have a very traditional decor but for most of us that isn't the case. I do, however, love it painted.

The kitchen sink was fixed by my friend's husband who also moved the ceiling fan from the guest room to the living room. I have a new faucet for my bathroom that I am saving for my oldest son to install when he comes in a couple of weeks. If I can get him to do that and to hang my chandelier...and put in a dimmer switch...and help me figure out which switches in the breaker box go to which rooms...and build my deck platform...and pull the cement blocks away from the back of the house... (He will NEVER come to visit me again!!)

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Wonderful that you located the receipt...a blessing to be sure.

If your son can accomplish half of those things you will be lucky.