Saturday, February 14, 2009

New Project!

My sister and I went to our favorite old furniture store today. I found this very nice and VERY dirty Queen Anne style side chair for only $29!!
From Little Nest
The wood appears to be cherry and needs to be refinished. The chair fabric is really disgusting. Looks like someone had a very dirty dog!

I have never upholstered anything so this will be a new adventure. Julie and I both have several projects that we are currently doing so this will wait for a few weeks. Later this afternoon we stopped at a great discount fabric place and I found a beautiful pink and white toile for $7 a yard. I don't think it will take more than 3 yards to cover the chair. This will be such fun!

5 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

Upholstering a chair like this is not hard at all. The tack trims come in strips now so you don't have to put them on tack by tack by tack...

I would definitely replace everything down to the wood frame, padding and all. If the top is filthy, the foam is too and will smell. When you take the fabric off, remove each section in one piece and use it to cut a new pattern. I'm sure it will be beautiful in the toile.

Anonymous said...

What a deal -- do let us know once you give the chair a makeover! I know it will be stunning!

Sweet P said...

What a great chair. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Hazel said...

Sooooooooooo when are you going to recover it ,I've been back 3 times to check .Can't wait to see what it looks like .Just kidding I know you are busy but my curiosity is running away with me .

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

suzan, I love your chair! The color on my kitchen walls is Laura Ashley Olive 4 at Lowes. Thanks for coming by!