Sunday, March 10, 2013

Feeling a little crafty

I bought this little frame a couple of weeks ago.





I liked the details on the frame but I wasn't really crazy about the colors.  I decided that I would like it best in a muted white color so I painted it with my (faux) chalk paint.  After it was dry I mixed up a glaze using acrylic craft paint and a glaze medium.





It turned out exactly as I had hoped it would.  I love the detail that is highlighted by the glaze.  Now to find the perfect picture to use in the frame!!


Linking to Shabby Art Boutique
Shabbilicious Friday Link Party
Linking to Sew Many Ways
Sew Darn Crafty Party

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well well - welcome back Suzan!!!
LOVE how this mirror turned out - isn't it just amazing how things can be transformed from " meh " to fabulous with just a little paint?
Hugs,
Suzan

Donna Wilkes said...

The frame looks very glamorous with its new look.

Myplace4tea said...

What a difference a little paint makes. Very lovely frame!

Wishing you a very creative day!
Angela