Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ironstone love

During the lunch hour, I decided to drop into the Goodwill near my office.  I nearly always find a little treasure and for some reason it is the best place to find pieces of old ironstone.  Yesterday was no exception.  For just 97 cents this little beauty made it into my basket.




The gravy boat was made somewhere between 1867 and 1893 based on information I found on the internet.

In the interest of full disclosure it does have one little problem.


It doesn't make me think any less of the piece.  Many pieces of my stoneware is in "less than perfect" condition.  As a matter of fact, so am I!


Linking up to Southern Hospitality

  SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb


2 comments:

chateau chic said...

What a great place to find ironstone! I'm a fan and collector of ironstone. Love it.
I'm a new follower and hope you can stop by, Mary Alice

Unknown said...

Wow - lucky you!!!
And you my friend - ARE perfect,
Hugs,
Suzan