Thursday, January 6, 2011

Is it too late to post Christmas decor photos?!

Finally getting around to posting some photos of Christmas here at Chez Little Nest.  I am horrible about posting to this blog. (Of course, I am not exactly setting the world on fire with my posts to my other blogs!)

First up are some photos of my village.  I have more houses that remained in the basement buy I was pretty happy with how these looked this year.


I had the first group on top of my antique steamer trunk and the other was on the dry sink in the dining room.

Next is the hutch.  I brought in the HUGE shutters that I found at a yard sale last summer.  Originally they were going to be hinged together to make a screen of sorts to hide the laundry area of my kitchen (because I loath seeing it!)  When I brought them in they were just too massive and too dark.  I put them on either side of the hutch and love them there.  After I paint the hutch this summer, I think I will like them even better!

These are a few of my favorite items on the hutch.  I love the bears and bring them out every Christmas.  I picked up the white bowl when I was thrifting and filled it with old glass ornaments my mother still had from when I was a child.



I FINALLY got the tree up and finished on Christmas Eve day.  It stays up until the weekend after Epiphany so I do have lots of opportunity to enjoy it.  I took all of these photos on Christmas morning before anyone else was out of bed.





I certainly simplified my decor this year.  I had a wreath on the door and candles in the windows but that was it for exterior decor.  I usually set up all of my Nativity sets and bring out all of my Holy Family pieces but only put out one Nativity and a couple of small Holy Family sets.  For the first time in years, I did not have any holiday decor in the kitchen or the bath.  I think being so busy sewing I simply didn't have the time or energy.  I don't think anyone missed it because the house still looked "Christmas-sy".  (Low lights, lots of candles and the smell of Balsam Fir electric air freshener help a lot!)

1 comment:

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I like your decor! I always loved the villages. Maybe when the bitty one gets older and doesn't use every house as Cinderella's castle.

If you threw in a snake in your basement, you just described mine to a tee. I stashed a dozen baking soda boxes around in there to get rid of some of the smell. I also febreeze it too. If you have that musty smell you have a leak. More than likely the mortar in the stone walls is crumbling and letting moisture in. I have it in mine. My husband is a builder and he has somewhat got rid of the leaking. This spring though we need to dig out around the house and repitch it away. I'll be documenting our progress on my blog. Actually we have a lot of BIG projects planned this year for the house.

Sorry if I posted this on the wrong blog. I didn't know which one to use. Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to drop by any time!